If we really loved each other, wouldn't romance just happen? Really,
if he loved me, wouldn't romance just happen? That was what I used to think and I would begin believing that our marriage was doomed because there was no romance. And then I began looking and acting intentionally at our marriage relationship. Great marriages don't just happen. They take work. Some intentional things we have done that have brought our marriage to new depths are:
- Focus on God's plan and purpose for marriage (Beginning with Genesis 2:24)
- Love unconditionally ...Love (John 3:16 and 1Corinthians 13)
- Realize that we "all stumble in many ways" (James 3:2) and forgive
- Surrender unrealistic expectations
- Prescribe to be the best spouse we can be
- Pray
Romance is so much more than an experience...don't get me wrong, I love candlelight and roses and moonlit walks on the beach as much as the next girl....they are nice but what I've come to realize is that romance is a
lifestyle and it is
intentional. It does not just happen nor do I expect my spouse to perform. When I began to let go of the world's view of romance and began pursuing romance as Jesus has romanced me, it blossomed...into something even more beautiful than I could have ever imagined.
Using one of the six principles listed above what is some ways that you can you be intentional to bring romance into your marriage?
No comments:
Post a Comment